Motion Recruitment Partners LLC Privacy Statement
Effective Date: May 23, 2018
Motion Recruitment Partners LLC and its group companies ( “Seven Step RPO”, “Jobspring Partners”, “Workbridge Associates” , “MRP Recruiting Inc.” and “BlueGlue”, “Motion Recruitment Partners Ltd” , collectively, “Motion Recruitment Partners”, or “MRP”, “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We provide you with this Privacy Statement because we want you to know how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you, and the choices that are available to you. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
When this Privacy Statement applies
This Privacy Statement applies whenever we collect personal information from or about you, whether though our website(s) or in the course of providing other services to you. Some of our website(s) and services may have their own Privacy Statements and, where that is the case, those Privacy Statements will apply instead of this one.
Collection of Personal Information
Motion Recruitment Partners collects and maintains personal information from the following categories of individuals:
- Visitors: individuals (like you) who visit our website(s) or services, so that we can provide them with the website(s) or services they require;
- Workers: individuals that we may employ or place for permanent or temporary employment with Motion Recruitment Partners’ clients, and from individuals who are current and former workers (including temps and other non-employees) of MRP;
- Customers and suppliers: individuals employed by our customers or vendors with whom we have a business relationship.
These categories may not be exclusive. For example, an individual may both be a Visitor and a Worker for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
The types of information we collect include the following:
- Information voluntarily submitted to us: Motion Recruitment Partners collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by individuals who sign up for a Motion Recruitment Partners job board account or other Motion Recruitment Partners website that allows for individuals to set up an account or otherwise submit information. This is normally for the purpose of searching for temporary or permanent employment opportunities, submitting his or her resume for inclusion in an MRP database or responding to a specific, listed employment position.
- Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain technical information from visitors to our website(s), such as the Internet protocol (IP) address of their device, their login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms. We may also automatically collect certain information about their visits to our website(s), such as download errors experienced and length of visits to certain pages.
In connection with some of the services we provide, you may be asked for types of information that is viewed by some countries as “sensitive”. Unless permitted or required by applicable law, MRP will not collect and use any sensitive personal information about you (including, for example, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, or about the commission of, or proceedings for, any offensecommitted or alleged to have been committed by that person, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings) without your express consent.
Use of Personal Information
The information MRP collects will be used only as described in this Privacy Statement and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. For the most part, we collect personal information to operate effectively and to comply with applicable laws and government regulations (e.g., employment, tax, insurance). We also use your personal information for the purposes of providing you with access to our website(s) and services. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without informing you.
More specifically, some of the ways we may use your personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to communications we receive from you;
- Complying with human resource requirements;
- Complying with applicable laws and government regulations;
- Supporting customer and worker recruitment inquiries;
- Facilitating the job search process and helping to find workers and customers a suitable job match;
- Storing information about your recruitment or other preferences so we can continue to provide you with services;
- Gauging the number of users and usage of the website(s), so we can plan website bandwidth and capacity accordingly;
- Recognizing you when you return as a repeat visitor to our website(s) or service;
- Providing information on goods and services requested or which may interest you;
- Sending you e-mails and other communications about MRP marketing, advertising and promotions in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Sending you e-mails and other communications about job postings that we think fit your profile, and to notify you about events, surveys, workshops and training sessions run by MRP; and
- Notifying you about changes to our website(s) or services.
We may also use the personal information we receive for the purposes of creating anonymized and aggregated statistics that do not reveal the identity of any person.
Cookies and Online Tracking
MRP websites use “cookies” and similar technologies to help personalize your online experience and for our analytics purposes. This can be done directly by MRP or by a service provider on our behalf.
A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit certain websites. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to understand the pages you have visited and to recognize a user across pages and sites.
A web beacon is a graphic embedded in web page or email that effectively transmits a signal when the relevant web page or email is viewed. This process can disclose acomputer’s IP address and information about the time and date the web page or emailis viewed. This can also enable us to recognize you across sites.
If you prefer not to receive cookies or web beacons while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies or web beacons and refuse them when your browser alerts you to their presence.
You can also refuse all cookies and web beacons by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of MRP websites if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of MRP websites, except that access to certain MRP Web pages require a login and password.
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
Microsoft Internet Explorer:http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
Apple Safari: Blocks cookies by default and accepts cookies only from your current domain. To change, click Safari, Preferences, Security, and choose your preference.
For more information on the types of cookies which are used on the MRP websites, please see our cookie statement, which is available on each of our websites.
Also, if you want to opt-out from targeted advertising that may be affected or influenced by cookies placed via MRP websites, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/.
Sharing Your Personal Information within MRP
MRP may disclose your personal information to any member of the MRP companies for use in accordance with this Privacy Statement. This includes our subsidiaries, affiliates and our ultimate holding company.
This sharing of personal information with MRP affiliates may include combining the personal information gathered by certain MRP websites with information independently gathered on other MRP websites into one or more database(s) useable by MRP, including all its affiliates. Again, this combined information will only ever be used for the purposes disclosed within this Privacy Statement.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Companies in MRP may use the information internationally in connection with processing requests by potential customers or potential employers of contract workers or temporary employees. MRP may disclose personal information about you to potential employers (direct placements) or potential customers if you are a contract worker we are seeking to assign to a customer.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if we believe it necessary to do so to meet our legal obligations. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties when we determine it to be reasonable to establish or exercise our legal rights,or defend against legal claims.
We use third party service providers to assist us in providing our website(s) and services, including to support us in areas such as recruiting and reviewing responses to job advertisements, managing resume/CV data, IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics, drug and background screening, payroll processing services, and health care benefits. In providing these services on behalf of the MRP, it may be necessary for us to provide these third parties access to personal information or to process personal information on our behalf.
We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to provide the services on our behalf, and under strict contractual terms that require them to maintain the security and confidentiality of any personal information to which they have access.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, MRP decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is MRP’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
International Data Transfers
MRP operates globally, with customers and recruits around the world. As a global company, we may transfer personal information to MRP entities and third parties located in countries outside your country of residence. These countries may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country or residence; although our collection, storage and use of your personal information will atall times continue to be governed by this Privacy Statement.
Safe Harbor Framework
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
In processing personal information, we comply with the following Safe Harbor Principles, as more specifically described in this Privacy Statement: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer (to third parties), Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement (including verification). More information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program can be found at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
We have committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Principles and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by MRP, please visit the BBB EU Safe Harbor website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
You have the right to request access to your personal information. Please note that access may be subject to a fee specified by applicable law.
In order to provide you with access to your personal information, we may require that you provide adequate proof of your identity.
In addition, you may also ask us to correct, update, delete or block any personal information that we process about you, in particular where the personal information is incomplete or inaccurate. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is kept accurate, complete and current, and for this reason ask that you inform MRP in the event of any changes to your personal information.
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may periodically send you updates via e-email about promotional opportunities or services we think may interest you, such as jobs in our database that match your selection criteria. Each notification will provide instructions on how to opt-out of receiving similar e-mails. At the point where we request personal information about you, our websites also give you the opportunity to decide which communications you receive.
GDPR and EU Residents
- Individuals may request access to their personal data held by us as a data controller.
- Individuals may request us to rectify personal data submitted to us or, where appropriate, contact us via the relevant website registration page or by amending the personal details held on relevant applications with which they registered.
- Individuals may request that we erase their personal data
- Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us or clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email received from us.
- Individuals may have other rights to restrict or object to our processing of personal data and the right to data portability.
- Individuals may request information about, or human intervention into, any automated data processing that we may undertake.
This site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. MRP does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Links to Other Sites and Public Forums
MRP may make message boards, news groups, and/or public forums available to users on its websites. Any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information that may be accessed by third parties; therefore, you should use caution before deciding to disclose any personal information in these forums.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or if you wish to inspect the information we hold about you, please contact:
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If we change our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised Privacy Statement here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page. We will update the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to indicate the date from which any changes take effect. Your continued use of any MRP website or MRP service will mean your acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement.