Executive Director, Client Services – Fully Remote
Sevenstep is a leading global provider of outsourced talent solutions that help companies around the world solve their most difficult hiring challenges and gain the competitive advantage they seek. As a top-ranking provider on HRO Today’s “Enterprise Baker’s Dozen”, Sevenstep has established a strong reputation for exceptional results, true partnership, and transformative business impact.
As an Executive Director of Client Services at Sevenstep, you are overarchingly responsible for client retention and satisfaction, account profitability and growth, as well as internal operations across a portfolio of clients. You will play a crucial role in enabling us to continue scaling through challenging market conditions by putting a strong emphasis on providing our Fortune 500 clients with white-glove service through strong relationship building, seeking opportunities for improvement, and partnering internally to build best in-class candidate attraction and engagement strategies.
We are seeking interested candidates to come onboard in a virtual/remote setting. Our client dedicated teams are on the cutting edge of recruiting, delivering quality candidates for the hardest-to-fill positions around the globe. This global, virtual network is supported with all the necessary tools and technology to foster collaboration and ensure both client and employee satisfaction.
As an Executive Director of Client Services, you will be responsible for:
- Managing client partnerships across continents to ensure satisfaction pertaining to innovation, strategy, fiscal discipline, and people development for a Total Talent multi-national partnership involving both RPO and MSP solutions
- Preparing and leading quarterly business review (QBR) meetings to review service efficacy and drive innovation and market leading solutions
- Reviewing metrics, reports, and pipelines to ensure SLAs/KPIs are being met or exceeded, and teams are staffed to exceed client expectations
- Identifying, pursuing, and closing new business opportunities within existing client engagements, including new services and/or expansion of existing scope
- Auditing partnership contract compliance
- Preparing and managing to a set of monthly financial projections for both client and internal C-Suite executives
- Partnering with internal shared services functions to identify and drive continuous improvement efforts to ensure improved service levels externally while continuing to create efficiencies operationally
- Setting performance targets and internal performance contests to drive excellence and fun
- Mentoring, coaching, and disciplining direct reports and organizational reports to ensure ongoing growth and development across regions and cultures
Ideally, you will:
- Possess 10+ years’ experience designing and delivering talent acquisition programs with both permanent and contingent workers, preferably in a Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Managed Service Provider (MSP) environment with large multi-national organizations
- Demonstrate a history of building and growing deep client relationships and comfort with up-selling within existing accounts across multiple continents
- Proven experience selecting and managing the installation of talent technologies across enterprise solutions
- Proven ability to motivate and manage through senior leadership, rather than just managing individual contributors, and presenting at the C-Suite level
- Proved track record of developing future leadership
- Demonstrate conflict management, good judgment, negotiation, and diplomacy skills
- Possess strong project and budget management skills
- Hold an Associate or Bachelor’s degree, be a Veteran with an honorable discharge from military service, or have relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Healthcare industry exposure is preferred, but not required
What’s in it for you?
- Fully remote position – an opportunity for you to gain more value, flexibility, and work-life-balance in your career
- Opportunity to work with a global team across multiple regions
- Base salary + incentive compensation with annual merit-based raises and accelerated growth potential
- Highly competitive benefits package: health, vision, dental, 401k
- Ongoing one-on-one support and mentorship in all aspects of your role and development
- Fun, energetic, team-oriented work environment that makes you excited to go to work every day
Interviews are occurring now – submit your resume today for consideration.
Sevenstep is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including EOE Protected Veterans/Disability/Women.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying. No sponsorship available.
Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background screening including a drug test and criminal check.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.